In preparation for our .edu domain management portal upgrade on May 31, we are not accepting new .edu domain requests from May 10 - May 31.
You will be able to submit a request for a new .edu domain starting June 1, 2018 using the upgraded .edu domain management portal.
All other domain management functions are unaffected during this time period.
Thank you for your patience.
Request a New Domain
US institutions (including System or District Offices) institutionally accredited by one of the agencies on the U.S. Department of Education's list of Nationally Recognized Accrediting Agencies may apply for new names in the .edu domain. Learn more about .edu eligibility.
International institutions are not eligible for a .edu domain. If you are not located within the United States but believe you meet one of the other qualifications as a US institution and are institutionally accredited by one of the Nationally Recognized Accrediting Agencies we recognize, please contact email@example.com.
Application Process Steps
- Review all eligibility requirements and determine your institution meets all requirements.
- If eligible, check the availability of your desired domain name via our look up tool.
Submit your request via the domain name request forms below
- Institutional form (Available June 1)
- System / District Office form (Available June 1)
- Association / Consortium form (Available June 1)
- EDUCAUSE to review eligibility.
- Submit articles of incorporation or founding documents as requested by EDUCAUSE.
- Receive approval or denial of domain name.
- If approved, sign the Customer Service Agreement and pay for domain
PLEASE NOTE: Registrants of names in the .edu domain are required to provide accurate contact information and to update this information as it changes. Contact information for .edu domain names is public and available from the EDUCAUSE Whois server.