Organizing IT for Optimal Value: Which IT Governance Structure Is Best for Your Organization?
2:20 p.m. - 3:10 p.m.
- Frederick Brittain, Associate CIO, University of Maine System
- Nicole Broyles, Director, IT Business Services, University of Houston
- Diane M. Dagefoerde, Deputy Chief Information Officer, The Ohio State University
- Veronica Longenecker, Director of Liberal Arts IT, The Pennsylvania State University
- MaryBeth Stuenkel, IT Program Manager, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor
- Session convener: Daniel S. Jacobsohn, CIO & Library Dir-Sch of Education, Asst Vice Provost for IT Relations, University of Wisconsin-Madison
Many of our organizations are facing similar pressures to maximize IT investments, mitigate security risks, and align IT planning with organizational strategic initiatives. In this session we will present a few different approaches to IT governance and their relative strengths and weaknesses. These models will help you consider IT governance strategies that may be a good fit for your organization.