Seminar 04F - Enterprise Architecture in Higher Education: An Introduction and Practical Approaches
PLEASE NOTE: Separate registration and fee are required to attend this seminar.
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- David Bedwell, Director, Service Alignment, Charles Sturt University
- David Cresswell, Director, IT Strategic Practices & Continuos Service Improvement, British Columbia Institute of Technology
- Leo de Sousa, Adjunct Faculty, British Columbia Institute of Technology
- Diane Ireland, Director, Enterprise Architecture & Liaison, Charles Sturt University
- Session convener: Kent Percival, Manager, CCS Research Partnerships, University of Guelph
British Columbia Institute of Technology and Charles Sturt University both practice enterprise architecture and created EA communities in the higher education sector in Canada and Australia, respectively. This workshop will introduce EA and its key components and provide you with practical approaches, tools, and examples to apply EA on any scale.
EA offers a foundation for building technology and information plans aligned with strategy; creating an application portfolio based on needs, not wants; improving communication between communities; creating master data management; implementing identity management; and understanding complexity to help make better decisions.
EA is neither hype nor panacea. If you’re starting from scratch, this workshop will help you save time and energy. If you’ve already embarked on the EA journey, it may rejuvenate you and give you fresh ideas and a new network.