The following audio/visual equipment will be available in every seminar room:
- Projection screen and projector (at least 1024 x 768)
- One corded lavaliere microphone
- One podium microphone
- *Sound patch for laptop audio (see below note)
- EDUCAUSE-provided computers. These computers will be connected to the Internet and to a projector.
NOTE: These computers will have DVD drives as well as USB ports. The latest versions of Microsoft Office 2007 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), Acrobat Reader, Internet Explorer, Firefox, WinZip, Windows Media Player, Real Audio, Macromedia Flash Player, Macromedia Shockwave Player will be installed.
If you have needs such as the ones listed below, please contact Victoria Fanning.
- *Sound patch for laptop audio: Regardless of whether you use the in-room computer or your own laptop, we also need to know if you need house sound (i.e., you are playing a video or movie clip).
- Laptop(s): We strongly encourage you to use the in-room computer, but if you'd rather not, please write to Victoria Fanning. Please also make sure that your laptop can connect to a standard VGA.
- Flipcharts: If you need flipchart(s), please write to Victoria Fanning with how many you need (i.e., one at the head table and/or one for every five attendees registered).
- Set changes: The maximum number of registered attendees will be 60 per seminar. All seminars will be set up classroom style, so please write to Victoria Fanning ASAP if you're interested in changing to rounds. If you have a half-day seminar and haven't already sent an e-mail, we may be unable to accommodate set change requests.
The following network connections will be available:
- Wireless 802.11b access. The connection speed will be sufficient for accessing and navigating Web and/or e-mail pages. The SSID for access will be EDUCAUSEAIR.
- One dedicated Ethernet line. To be used if your computers or equipment cannot use 802.11b wireless or you need to feature a specialized service such as videoconferencing. In this case, you will need to provide your own computer with a network card.
Substantial bandwidth has been sponsored by the University of Central Florida and should be more than sufficient for applications you wish to present. However, if you know that your presentation will require a great deal of bandwidth and have concerns, please contact Victoria Fanning.
Please submit your biographical information by establishing or updating your EDUCAUSE profile.
Participant MaterialsDUE SEPTEMBER 15
Each participant will receive seminar materials, which will include a title page and registration list (produced by EDUCAUSE) and copies of any visual aids and additional readings (produced by the speaker). Electronic files are preferred (PowerPoint, Word, PDF) although we will also accept one-sided camera-ready documents. These materials are REQUIRED. EDUCAUSE will handle the printing and distribution of all seminar materials if received by September 15.
It is the responsibility of the seminar speaker(s) to obtain copyright permission. Copyrighted material that has not been cleared for reproduction will not be printed. The seminar budget includes limited funds to pay for copyright permission, so it is important that the speaker clear any expenses for this with me. Information on obtaining copyright permission can be found below.
Postconference Proceedings and Copyright Statements
A copy of your presentation is not needed before the conference. We invite you, however, to upload your file or URL before or during the conference if you wish, or you can wait for an invitation which will come within a week after the conference.
Please note that if you believe your materials are valuable only to your seminar attendees, Victoria Fanning will send you a final list of attendee names and e-mail addresses after the conference and upon request.
Before uploading, first please take a moment to fulfill these three requests:
Because you will retain the intellectual property rights for your paper or other materials related to your conference presentation, we ask that you place a copyright statement to that effect on your materials. We suggest that you use the following statement, which is consistent with EDUCAUSE's use of the material, as the first slide in a PowerPoint document, or on the first page of a PDF document (If your document is word processed, please convert it to a PDF file before uploading.):
Copyright [your name] [year]. This work is the intellectual property of the author. Permission is granted for this material to be shared for non-commercial, educational purposes, provided that this copyright statement appears on the reproduced materials and notice is given that the copying is by permission of the author. To disseminate otherwise or to republish requires written permission from the author.
We ask that you fill in your PowerPoint document's properties in the following manner prior to uploading the file.
Title: <Title of your session> TITLE
Subject: <Conference Name and Year> EDUCAUSE 2008
Author: <Name of Presenter(s)> NAME(S)
- If you password protect your PDF document, please make sure to enable the file to be read by a screen reader. It is our goal to make our resources easily available to those who use Adaptive and Assistive Technology to access files over the Internet.
For answers to any seminar-related questions, please contact Victoria Fanning, 303-939-0315.