These sessions are informal and allow conferees to share campus experiences with colleagues on a one-to-one basis. Presenters convey information in a number of different ways. For instance, they:
- Post signs, graphs, and posters on the provided bulletin boards
- Use personal laptopssee the Audio/Visual (A/V) section below
Example 1 | Example 2 | Example 3
- Use personal projectors, screens, and laptop systems
- Distribute handouts
Floor Plan and Set
You may set up your poster session starting at 3:00 p.m. in West Hall WF3-4 of the Orange County Convention Center. Upon your arrival in the exhibit hall, please check-in with Kerri Sherwood from EDUCAUSE or the Experient representative; they will be stationed at a table in the front of the hall. They will have a map of the poster session area in order to direct you to your pre-assigned table. All tables will also have a piece of paper with the name of the poster session title taped attached to it.
Tear down of your poster session will begin immediately at 6:20 p.m. Please remove all items from the bulletin board and leave them, along with any additional AV equipment and push pins on your table.
The conference colors are teal, white and gray.
- Tables: skirted in black
- Pipe and drape: teal and white
- Carpet: gray
Each poster session will be provided a 6' skirted table with two chairs in front of a 4' x 8' bulletin board.
View a sketch of the setup.
Every poster session will have access to the following:
- Internet Access - Wireless 802.11b access will be available for all posters. The connection speed will be sufficient for accessing and navigating Web and/or e-mail pages. The SSID for access will be EDUCAUSEAIR.
- Electricity: There will be one strip for every two tables, and if additional strips are needed, speakers can pick up them up during the setup day/time.
If you need an Ethernet connection, please contact Kerri Sherwood.
- Ethernet: You should request a dedicated Ethernet line only if your computers or equipment cannot use 802.11b wireless or you need to feature a specialized service such as videoconferencing. If this is the case, you will need to provide your own computer with a network card and RJ-45 jack.
All other A/V requests need to be handled by the speaker (i.e., feel free to bring your own mini screen and projector) or if you would like to rent one, please contact Davis Audio Visual. If you do contact Davis, please also write to Kerri Sherwood who will help Davis coordinate the details.
Davis Audio Visual
2100 Clay Street
Denver, CO 80211
Submit your biographical information by establishing or updating your EDUCAUSE Profile by October 1. A concise biographical profile will assist the session convener in preparing a brief introduction to your presentation. Your information will also be linked to your name on our online conference program to give potential session attendees a sense of your background and expertise.
Postconference Proceedings and Copyright Statements
A copy of your presentation is not needed before the conference. We invite you, however, to upload your file or URL before or during the conference if you wish, or you can wait for an invitation to do so from the speaker liaison, which will come within a week after the conference.
Please note that if you believe your materials are valuable only to your seminar attendees, Victoria Fanning will send you a final list of attendee names and e-mail addresses after the conference and upon request.
Before uploading, first please take a moment to fulfill these three requests:
Because you will retain the intellectual property rights for your paper or other materials related to your conference presentation, we ask that you place a copyright statement to that effect on your materials. We suggest that you use the following statement, which is consistent with EDUCAUSE's use of the material, as the first slide in a PowerPoint document, or on the first page of a PDF document (If your document is word processed, please convert it to a PDF file before uploading.):
Copyright [your name] [year]. This work is the intellectual property of the author. Permission is granted for this material to be shared for non-commercial, educational purposes, provided that this copyright statement appears on the reproduced materials and notice is given that the copying is by permission of the author. To disseminate otherwise or to republish requires written permission from the author.
We ask that you fill in your PowerPoint document's properties in the following manner prior to uploading the file.
Title: <Title of your session> TITLE
Subject: <Conference Name and Year> EDUCAUSE 2008
Author: <Name of Presenter(s)> NAME(S)
- If you password protect your PDF document, please make sure to enable the file to be read by a screen reader. It is our goal to make our resources easily available to those who use Adaptive and Assistive Technology to access files over the Internet.
For answers to any poster session-related questions, please contact Kerri Sherwood, 303-939-0312.