From Today's CMS to Tomorrow's Learning Support System
2:20 p.m. - 3:10 p.m.
- Malcolm Brown, Director, EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative, EDUCAUSE
- Carie Page, Manager, Community Engagement, Next Generation Learning Challenges, EDUCAUSE
- Joel M. Smith, Distinguished Service Professor, Philosophy, Carnegie Mellon University
- Session moderator: David Lassner, Vice President for IT and CIO, University of Hawaii at Manoa
- Session convener: David Lassner, Vice President for IT and CIO, University of Hawaii at Manoa
Higher education has successfully embraced the notion and implementation of course management systems (CMSs) as the newest element of the integrated enterprise information technology infrastructure. This provocative session will focus on what we must do next to support truly transformational approaches to learning for the next generations of students. The session represents the impact and potential for which EDUCAUSE has selected course management systems for recognition through its inaugural Catalyst Award.
WINNER: 2006 EDUCAUSE Catalyst Award. Award sponsored by SunGard Higher Education, An EDUCAUSE Platinum Partner.